Tuesday, September 15, 2009

American Flyer

Milan American Flyer-1

I wanted an electric train since before I could remember wanting anything. Every Christmas I would write a letter to Santa and always at the top of the list was “I’ve been good almost all year and I’m sure you just were so busy getting things to the kids who needed things but could I please this year have an electric train for Christmas?”

I’ll never forget it! Christmas morning, a month before my 12th birthday, some years after I had stopped writing to Santa, under the tree was this unbelievable three-passenger-car-and-a-baggage-car-and caboose American Flyer with a black locomotive that puffed smoke train set with switches and crossings and other accessories. I finally got it! Then my dad wouldn’t let me play with it until he had finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment